Leeds United

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Kellaaeg
  • Show
Kustuta kõik

Algselt postitas meelik Vaata postitust
    BBC: "One option for the club could be to enter administration before the end of this campaign to avoid a 10-point reduction at the start of next season."

(poolparty)
    Kus hundist räägid:

Leeds United's appointed administrators KPMG have agreed to sell the business and its assets to a newly formed company called Leeds United Football Club Limited, the directors of which are Ken Bates, Shaun Harvey and Mark Taylor.

Kommentaar

Haige, FA või FL peaks nüüd küll miskeid reegleid muutma hakkama. Justkui pisut ebaausana tundub see variant, kui juba madalamasse liigasse langenud meeskond võtab kiireltkiirelt ette säändse tee ning saab kümme miinuspunkti sel hooajal - ehk siis tegelikult hiilib karistuse kandmisest eemale. Miks selline käitumine Leedsi puhul üldse üllatav ei tundu?

Rohkem küll reeglite kui Leedsi viga, aga halb maitse jääb suhu ikkagi.

Kommentaar

Algselt postitas skint Vaata postitust
        Leedsi puhul üldse üllatav ei tundu?
        Tahaks näha klubi kes selles olukorras oleks teisiti teinud.
        "The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It’s nothing of the kind. The game is about glory. It’s about doing things in style, with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom". - Danny Blanchflower, legend

Kommentaar

Algselt postitas vello99 Vaata postitust
          Tahaks näha klubi kes selles olukorras oleks teisiti teinud.
          Me ei olnud ju langenud. I HATE CHELSEA!

When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story!

Kommentaar

vello - rohkem ju kritiseerisingi reegleid.

Matu - ilus oleks jah, kui Hull nüüd kogemata 0-10 Derby käest sugeda saaks...

Kommentaar

Algselt postitas Martin Vaata postitust
              Me ei olnud ju langenud.
              Kusjuures mulle tundus ka, et teoreetiliselt oli ju kõik OK (olgu, mitte just päris OK), aga kurat neid tsempionaadi reegleid teab, omavahelisi mänge vms. Paistab, et Ken'il ei ole usku oma klubisse.
              "The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It’s nothing of the kind. The game is about glory. It’s about doing things in style, with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom". - Danny Blanchflower, legend

Kommentaar

see eeldaks leedsilt vähemalt punkti

Kommentaar

oomaikaad....BHA north

Kommentaar

vello - rohkem ju kritiseerisingi reegleid.

Kas mitte Leeds ei mängi Derbyga ja Hull Plymouthiga

Kommentaar

Poteito-potaato.

We are Champions of Europe!

Kommentaar

Hakkame siis jälle peale: TOMA!

Ühel TOMA eksperdid, Batesil, on väidetavalt 10 kosilast. Teisel TOMA perverdil, Gerald Krasnieril, on neid kaheksa.

Parim TOMA, mille peale läheks isegi Chelsea fännid lolliks, on Duncan Revie (Don Revie, teate küll) jahitav Sheikh Mohammed, kes Liverpooli eest pakkus £479 milli.

Ahjaaa, Healy ei jää, Derry ja Moore müüakse ka ära, sest nad teenivad ilgelt. Moore!

Paras okse kõik. League 2 here we come!

Kommentaar

It has begun: Ian Moore lasti lahti.

Kommentaar

MORRIS LAUNCHES LEEDS BID
                            By Ross Heppenstall, PA Sport

Former Leeds director Simon Morris today launched a £10million bid to buy the club and build a new 50,000-seater stadium as part of a £400million "world-class leisure venue".

The 29-year-old property entrepreneur was recently named among the top 10 richest people under 30 in Britain with a fortune estimated at £69million.

He has tabled a £10million bid for the club and, if successful, says he will provide a further £25million to bring financial stability to Elland Road.

Moreover, Morris' lavish plans involve developing the land around Elland Road and building a new stadium as part of a multi-million pound entertainment complex.

SR Morris Group, who claim to be one of the fastest-growing property companies in the UK, say they plan to invest £400million in the scheme.

"Our plans are fully costed and very well financed," said Morris.

"They offer a great future for Leeds United and the club's fans, allowing us to put the troubles of the past behind it.

"Our scheme would also put Leeds where it belongs - at the top of the tree in the north of England for entertainment and urban regeneration."

Leeds went into administration with debts of £35million last Friday following a winding-up order issued by the Inland Revenue, who are owed £5million in unpaid taxes.

The business was, with the administrators' approval, almost immediately bought by a new company, Leeds United Football Club Limited, of which Ken Bates is a listed director.

But the sale is subject to approval by the club's creditors at a meeting later this month and also by the Football League, while SR Morris and other consortia are aiming to ambush Bates' plans to resume control of the club.

Morris was the leading shareholder in the Yorkshire consortium that were in charge at Elland Road for 10 months from March 2004.

Kommentaar

DUO CAN GO
                              Hayden Foxe and Robbie Elliott have been informed that they will not be retained by the club next season.

The duo will follow Ian Moore out of the Elland Road exit door after being told they will not be offered new contracts.

Hayden joined on a short-term deal last summer and his deal was extended for a further four months at the turn of the year.

The former Portsmouth defender made 21 appearances for the club, scoring his only goal against Luton last October. Foxey made his final appearance at Derby last weekend.

Robbie also featured in the 2-0 defeat last weekend when he started the game at centre-back.

The 33-year-old originally joined United in pre-season, making a solitary friendly appearance against Hartlepool, before moving on to
                              Sunderland.

But he returned to Elland Road on New Year's Day to make his debut in the 2-1 win against Coventry City and was offered a deal until the end of the season.

Rob started six games with the club and made two further appearances as a substitute.

Both players are out of contract this summer and are now free to talk to other clubs.

Kommentaar

Mõelge mida tahate! TOMA!

From The Times
                                May 10, 2007
                                Revie: a name that will set fans’ pulses racing at Leeds
                                Kevin Eason

The name has proved a magnet for Leeds United fans and the money men, but for Duncan Revie, the ultimate quest is to find a manager who could follow in his late father’s footsteps. Revie Jr said yesterday that he has a consortium behind him that could provide the money to buy out the club where Don, his father, built a reputation as one of football’s finest managers.

Cash is thought to be coming from investors in Britain and the Middle East who believe that Leeds is a fallen giant worth saving. For Duncan Revie, though, buying the club would be a tribute to his father and a return to his roots.

However, the competition for the club is intensifying, with S. R. Morris, a property group, putting a deal on the table last night that would mean a new 50,000-seat stadium and a promise of a £25 million cash injection to restructure and strengthen the club. Simon Morris, the company’s founder and chairman, said that Leeds were valued at £10 million, but that that figure would be a fraction of an eventual £400 million investment.

On paper, the approach resembles the sort of rescue package that Leeds fans – who have seen their club relegated to the third tier of English football for the first time in their history – are dreaming of, but the hearts of many are with Revie as supporters pine for the successes of the past.
                                Related Links

* Morris tables £10million bid for Leeds

“I have been overwhelmed with messages of support from fans,” Revie said. “There is no doubt they see me as someone with the club at his heart and not just in it for the investment or the profits.”

The takeover price is cheap at today’s rates for a club with an internationally famous name and initial funding is not thought to be an issue for the consortium. The big drawback identified by Revie – an entrepreneur who was putting on Soccerex, the first big football conference to be held at the new Wembley, yesterday – is putting in place an infrastructure that would take Leeds back to the Premiership.

That starts with finding a manager with the qualities of Don Revie, who from 1961-1974 won two first division championships, the FA Cup, the League Cup and two Fairs Cups in a heady period during which he established Leeds as one of English football’s dominant forces before going on to manage England for three years. He died in 1989, aged 61.

“The money is not a problem,” Duncan Revie said. “That has come to me easily and I have the backers in place to go immediately. But that is not the point. I will not make any approach until I am 100 per cent certain that I can find the management team that will put Leeds United back on its feet.

“What has happened there has been painful to watch. To see a once-great club fall into such hard and difficult times is desperate.

“I will always have Leeds in my heart because of the associations I have through my father, but I cannot allow my heart to rule my head on this one. He would not want me to take over Leeds without knowing exactly how it was going to run and who was going to manage it.”

There are several other potential buyers of the club and Morris will provide a strong challenge, but the Don Revie legend will have an enormous pull on the loyalty of fans who saw the greatest achievements and, arguably, the best football from a Leeds team run by a Revie. The question is whether Revie Jr can resurrect the family traditions.

Kommentaar

Working...
                                X