Leeds United

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Kellaaeg
  • Show
Kustuta kõik

Replying to Topic \'Leeds United\'

Ülimalt tore kodumäng kohe hooaja alustuseks ning teeb nats südame soojaks, sest loodetavasti on tulemus sama, mis Rio esimese mängu puhul. Nüüd saab ju siis Woody\'t ja Lee\'d tervitada

Suht haige on aga see, et taaskord on mingi jube mõnusad trio mängud järjest suratud - ManU, Arsenal, Liverpool. Ja oktoobris. Teadagi, mis sealt tuleb.

Reid admits it could have been an easier month, but is hoping his side can prove themselves in those three vital fixtures.

\"They\'re trying to scare me with those!\" the boss joked to Leedsunited.com.

Vähemalt mõnel on huumorimeel säilinud. BRING IT ON!

16/8/03 Newcastle United (H)
    23/8/03 Tottenham (A)
    26/8/03 Southampton (H)
    30/8/03 Middlesbrough (A)
    13/09/03 Leicester City (A)
    20/09/03 Birmingham City (H)
    24/09/04 League Cup 2nd Round
    27/09/03 Everton (A)
    04/10/03 Blackburn (H)
    18/10/03 Manchester United (H)
    25/10/03 Liverpool (A)
    29/10/03 League Cup 3rd Round
    01/11/03 Arsenal (H)
    8/11/03 Portsmouth (A)
    22/11/03 Bolton (H)
    29/11/03 Charlton (A)
    03/12/03 League Cup 4th Round
    06/12/03 Chelsea (H)
    13/12/03 Fulham (H)
    17/12/03 League Cup 5th Round
    20/12/03 Manchester City (A)
    26/12/03 Aston Villa (H)
    28/12/03 Wolverhampton (A)
    03/01/03 FA Cup 3rd Round
    07/01/04 Newcastle (A)
    10/01/04 Tottenham (H)
    17/01/04 Southampton (A)
    21/01/04 League Cup Semi-Final 1
    24/01/04 FA Cup 4th Round
    28/01/04 League Cup Semi-Final 2
    31/01/04 Middlesbrough (H)
    07/02/04 Aston Villa (A)
    10/02/04 Wolverhampton (H)
    14/02/04 FA Cup 5th Round
    21/02/04 Manchester United (A)
    28/02/04 Liverpool (H)
    29/02/04 League Cup Final
    06/03/04 FA Cup 6th Round
    13/03/04 Fulham (A)
    20/03/04 Manchester City (H)
    27/03/04 Birmingham City (A)
    03/04/04 FA Cup Semi-Finals
    03/04/04 Leicester City (H)
    10/04/04 Blackburn Rovers (A)
    12/04/04 Everton (H)
    17/04/04 Arsenal (A)
    24/04/04 Portsmouth (H)
    01/05/04 Bolton (A)
    08/05/04 Charlton (H)
    15/05/04 Chelsea (A)
    22/05/04 FA Cup Final
    When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story!

Kommentaar

KURADI TÜGI KOHUS, PUTSI. \"Bring on the Turks, bring on the dirty digusting breed...bring on the Turks...\" (sung at Sunderland during England - Turkey game)

Vaata: terve teema esimest postitust.

JAIL TERM WIN FOR TURK

Turkey\'s Court of Appeals has overturned a man\'s 15-year jail sentence for killing two English soccer fans and ordered a retrial to take into account \"severe provocation\".

An Istanbul court in May last year jailed Ali Umit Demir for 15 years for killing Christopher Loftus and Kevin Speight, fans of Leeds United.

The incident happened in the city during street brawling before a UEFA Cup match in April 2000.

Demir\'s defence lawyers had argued during the trial that the Leeds fans had been drunk and had insulted the Turkish flag.

The appeals court ruled that more forensic work should have been done to establish that a knife taken from Demir was the murder weapon.

It said the original verdict had not taken into account the level of provocation. It said the verdict should have been reduced because of \"severe provocation\".

England are due to travel to Turkey in October for a 2004 European championship qualifier which will probably decide Group Seven.

English football authorities, plagued by hooliganism problems of their own, have not taken up their ticket allocation to limit the number of fans travelling to Turkey.

The killings in Istanbul helped spark tension between English and Turkish fans, who clashed on the streets of Copenhagen the same year at the UEFA Cup final between Arsenal and Galatasaray.

Kevin Speight perekonnaga

Kommentaar

Originally posted by MartinKevin Speight perekonnaga
        \\"Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless, like water. You put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.\\" - Bruce Lee

Kommentaar

Annaks siis Leedsi uuele presidendile ka veits sõna. Tundub vägagi asjalik vend olevat ning kuna lugu oli veel Mirroris, mis on Inglismaal kõige enam Leedsi vihkav, siis on eriti tore artikkel

Football: MAC THE KNIFE
          Jun 22 2003
          I swear we\'ll get back to the top says Leeds chairman
          Anthony Clavane

PUBLICITY Pete is dead - long live Mac the Knife.

We all know that John McKenzie hates goldfish - they were famously shown the red card when he moved into Peter Ridsdale\'s office - but Elland Road\'s unlikely piranha has also snapped away at private jets, company cars and two high-earning directors.

The prof\'s purge continues. \"I\'ve just set a new rule,\" he says, showing me into his goldfish-free zone. \"If directors\' wives go on a plane with us, they\'ll have to pay. Why shouldn\'t they?\"

His war on waste has even impressed Peter Reid, no slouch when it comes to axe-wielding.

At the end of last season, the new Leeds boss was staggered to see the 65-year-old boffin put a restaurant manager firmly in his place.

McKenzie recalls: \"I got very cross because the food was very slow. Reidy said he\'d learned something that night - that you can tear \'em apart without raising your voice or swearing.\"

Leeds were torn apart last season when six internationals were sold and relegation was just avoided. Yet the chairman remains upbeat about their prospects, despite the huge debt and impending sale of two more big guns - Harry Kewell and Paul Robinson.

This is because he has faith in Reid, the man he believes can make the club great again.

McKenzie points out: \"Even if you take out Kewell and Robinson we\'ve still got 11 internationals. And people underestimate how shrewd Peter is. At Sunderland he never had the quality he\'s got at Leeds. I won\'t interfere with the football side, but we both share the aim of making a good football team great.\"

McKenzie adds: \"Some people find me intimidating. They say there\'s a steel shutter inside my head. I\'ve rather carelessly lost quite a lot of directors since I\'ve arrived.

\"But what makes me so angry about the indulgences of the club is that ordinary people have had to lose their jobs. People who can\'t pay their mortgages because of what happened.\"

But why take it out on the fish? \"If Peter really wanted them he should have paid for them himself.\"

But they only cost £20 a month. \"It\'s what they symbolised,\" McKenzie replies.

Yet on his desk are fresh flowers. According to \"friends of Ridsdale\" they are renewed daily. Isn\'t that a tad indulgent?

\"I pay for the flowers. They are renewed once a week.

\"There was another story about me having Peter\'s £70,000 car. Well, to sell it would have lost us money. And the next car will be bought out of my own money. I don\'t want to say I\'m living off the firm.\"

Isn\'t it a chauffeured Mercedes? \"I do have a driver but it\'s partly a security thing. It also enables me to work and answer the fans\' letters.\"

Ah yes, the fans. At the end of Ridsdale\'s time they turned abusive, but McKenzie believes straight talking will win them over.

\"They didn\'t believe the board about what was going on last season. So I\'ve tried to give straight answers. Not say I\'m not going to sell Kewell, but this is the Kewell situation. That\'s why I\'ve had to be more high-profile than I intended.

\"But I don\'t want to turn into a Publicity Pete. My wife hates it. For the past 25 years we\'ve led relatively quiet lives. But now we\'ve had to change our phone numbers and upgrade our security.

\"I can laugh off being caricatured. But we haven\'t gone through a bad period with the fans. I\'m sure that will be terrible when it happens.\"

Kommentaar

Leedsi jaoks saab see olema üks keerulisemaid aastaid üldse, sest finantsilistes raskustes ning uue peatreeneri käe all tuleb lihtsalt suuta leida mingigi stabiilsus, et sealt edasi liikuda.

Lisan siia juurde taas ühe väikese Leedsi video meenutamaks selliseid toredaid glory päevi. Saadaval siis taas ftp.datanet.ee/incoming nimeks billy_large.mpg-link.mpeg. Ehk siis Leeds Billy Bremneri, Norman Hunteri, Paul Lorimeri ja teiste aegadel. Pildis kõik tollased tiitlivõidud. Otsene aadress peaks olema SEE.

\"Teamspirit is a big factor. Any team to get success has to have great team spirit.\" Billy Bremner. Loodetavasti saab Reid sellega seekord hakkama.

Isiklikult soovitan see video (kui vähegi võimalik) ära tõmmata.

Kommentaar

Ahjaa, eraldi auhind veel sellele, kes suudab mulle tolles videos olnud muuskikapala nime ja autori öelda

Kommentaar

Leeds United laguneb iga päevaga üha rohkem
                Nüüd vist polegi enam mõtet rääkida kes on läind, tuleb rääkida kes on veel alles.

Kommentaar

Teeme päeva siis põnevaks.

Täna õhtuks on Leedsis kokku kutsutud erakorraline koosolek.

Võimalikud põhjused:
                  1) Administratsioon ehk kadumine
                  2) Liverpooli tehing
                  3) Vaenulik Leedsi ülevõtmine
                  4) Chelsea pakkumine Kewellile

Esimese võimalus on väike, teise oma oleks osalt normaalne asjade kulg, sest Leeds peab igast tehingust börsi ja aksionäre teavitama.

Edasi läheb aga huvitavaks: eile õhtul ostis keegi tundmatu isik pool miljonit Leedsi aksiat! LINK Samuti on tehinguid olnud ka enne ja ka pärast seda ostu. Seega on võimalik, et keegi üritab üle osta McKenzie käes olevat 4M suurust aksiapakki. Uuuu, kas tõesti Ridsdale tagasi. Põnevust jätkub.

Ja lõpetuseks siis viimane versioon. Kuigi sellele puudub eriline taust, siis huvitav on see, et seda toetavad Leedsi siseasjadest suht hästi informeeritud isikud. Iseenesest oelks see ehk meeldiv ning Vene äss võib ehk nats rohkem pappi välja köhida, kui nii mõnigi teine tolgus.

So, we\'ll see.

Kommentaar

Huvitav kui suured on shansid, et Leeds püsima jääb? Mõned suhtkoht head mängijad on veel jäänd, aga pärast kõiki äraminekuid tundub et moraal on alla igasugust arvestust. Selline uppuva laeva õhkkond.
                    Muuseas Leedsi eelis Sunderlandi ees on see, et Leedsist vähemalt tahetakse mängijaid osta. Kuigi rahaasjadega on mõlemil kaunis hapu.
                    memer of Gaskoff fan club

Kommentaar

kusjuures guardianist ükspäe lugesin, et leeds tahab matt piperit ära osta..
                      We have to disorganise their organisation so we have to be very creative.

Kommentaar

Leedsi ja Sunderlandi vahe ongi selles, et Leedsis on korralikud mängijad olemas. Nendest, kes ei soovi siin mängida, tulebki lahti saada.

Pole probleeme, ilusti jääb püsima.

Kommentaar

Kogu pasatormi peale üks meeldivam vihje ka: Michael Brown (Sheff Utd) on vist umbes 1.5M eest Leedis poole liikumas. Loodetavasti tõsi.

Kommentaar

Nüüdseks on siis selge, et kotipoiss Kewell suutis ka Leedsi läbi trukkida. Vähemalt on rahaahned jätised lõpuks ometi klubist minema läinud ja saab hakata klubi ehitamisega tegelema.

Kommentaar

Mul on küll kurb meel, et Kewell läks. Mis puutub aga teme ülemimeku detailidesse, siis ootaks veidi enne lõplikke hinnaguid. Eilne klubi avaldus oli küll väga sirgjooneline, kuid tänased McKenzie intervjuudes on juba väikesed keerutamised sees. Pärus nii lihtne see siiski ei ole, et klubi tegi kõik õigesti ja mängija tegi lihtsalt tünga.
                              Y R A

Kommentaar

Originally posted by mikk

Mul on küll kurb meel, et Kewell läks. Mis puutub aga teme ülemimeku detailidesse, siis ootaks veidi enne lõplikke hinnaguid. Eilne klubi avaldus oli küll väga sirgjooneline, kuid tänased McKenzie intervjuudes on juba väikesed keerutamised sees. Pärus nii lihtne see siiski ei ole, et klubi tegi kõik õigesti ja mängija tegi lihtsalt tünga.
                                Nõus. Vihase prof McKenzie sõnu ei saa päris tõena võtta. Liverpool on lükanud ümber Tema väited nagu oleks 7 miljonis kokku lepitud olnud. Võib-olla on tõesti viinamarjad hapud, kui Kewell Leedsile rohkem raha pakkunud klubi(de)sse minna ei tahtnud.
                                BACK WHERE WE BELONG

Kommentaar

Working...
                                X