Burnley FC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Kellaaeg
  • Show
Kustuta kõik

Burnley FC

Burnley manager Owen Coyle is looking forward to taking on the best teams in the Premier League after distancing himself from the vacant post at Celtic.

Coyle's side were promoted to the top flight after beating Sheffield United 1-0 in the play-off final at Wembley.

He said: "It's flattering to be linked to Celtic but I'm with Burnley."

Clarets chairman Barry Kilby added: "Owen is contracted to us. He's another two years to run and we're going to talk about an extension to that."

Coyle, who spent the majority of his playing career in Scotland, was linked to the vacant managerial post at Parkhead following Gordon Strachan's resignation on Monday.

But the 42-year-old pledged to stay at Burnley, who were one of the 12 original founders of the Football League in 1888, after guiding them into the top flight for the first time in 33 years.

"The Premier League is full of the best players and some of the top managers in the world, so I'll concentrate on my job here and long may that continue," he said.

A first-half wonder strike from Wade Elliott settled the Championship play-off final on Monday in front of 80,518 supporters at Wembley.

Burnley expect Coyle to stay as boss
    And next season marks the 50th anniversary of the club's second, and last, League championship triumph in 1959/60 - their first came in 1920-21.

"The players were magnificent - it was a great game, end to end," enthused Coyle, who arrived at Burnley in 2007.

"There's a great adventure to look forward to. We don't have quantity but I believe we have quality.

"I'm immensely proud and delighted for everyone in the town - but my heart goes out to Sheffield United."

And Coyle, who built his current squad for £2.5m, knows the scale of the achievement to take a club from a town of Burnley's size into the Premier League.

"We had 36,000 supporters at Wembley, which is about half our population," he added.

"That means when Manchester United play at home there are more people at Old Trafford than there are in the whole town of Burnley."

Well done Owen Coyle and the lads. You've put a little Lancashire cotton-mill town back on the map!

Elysiumfire
    And around 7,000 Burnley fans will be watching Premier League football for free after Kilby pledged not to charge certain season-ticket holders to renew if they won at Wembley.

That promise will cost the club £2m in lost revenue but Kilby does not mind.

"I've no regrets on that," he said. "It's a reward for all our fans and actually, because of the new monies in the Premier League, it's not that big a percentage of our net revenues."

The Clarets' arrival in the Premier League takes the number of clubs from the north-west of England in the division to eight with Manchester United, Manchester City, Liverpool, Everton, Blackburn, Bolton and Wigan already there.

And chief executive Paul Fletcher told BBC Sport: "What we're more interested in at the moment is are we going to beat Blackburn, Bolton and the other local clubs?

"We haven't discussed the financial effect and what we're going to do with the money.

'A magical moment for Burnley'
    "Normally we have to sell one player a year to survive and if we don't the directors have to put their hand in pocket, so the £60m will help stabilise the club and mean we don't have to do that."

Elliott, who curled the ball in from 25 yards after only 13 minutes, said: "It's far and away the best goal I'll ever score, probably.

"It fell nicely, I couldn't really strike it because it was turning a bit and it seemed to take a long time to go in."

And he conceded: "I think it will take a little while for it to sink in - but I'm delighted for all the lads."

Burnley's Robbie Blake, 33, promoted with Bradford in 1999, paid tribute to his manager: "To get where we are is a fantastic achievement, probably the best in my career.

"Owen Coyle deserves tremendous credit, he is so enthusiastic, he believes in us so much as individuals and as a team.

"We've played 61 games, had a cup run and now we've gone up at Wembley - it can't get any better.

"We had a couple of chances to finish it off - it would have been good to get a second goal but one was enough. We thoroughly deserve the victory.

"We had belief all week long we'd do it. We had confidence in our ability and we had the players to score goals at any moment - we've had it all season and come up with the goods again today."

Eks paistab kui tugeva meeskonna nad suudavad kokku saada,usun siiski,et päris peksupoisteks ei jääda.
    Tere tulemast kõige kõrgemale!!!

siin ka lõppenud hooaja statistikat.http://www.soccerway.com/teams/england/burnley-fc/
    Mis on ühist Tallinna jõulukuusel ja Cristiano Ronaldol? Mõlemad kipuvad ümber kukkuma, aga süüdi on alati teised!
    Ott Järvela

sa olid enne nii normaalne..
    NÜÜD AGA OLED EDGAR SAVISAAR!!!

Kommentaar

mis tiimil viga?
      loodan, et jäävad püsima.

Kommentaar

Juba teist skalpi ollakse täna võtmas. 1-0 koduvõit üle Evertoni, kes esineb selgelt alla enese võimete.

Mis värk on, kas Burnley vastu ei saa siis penalteid realiseeritud? Hea karma. Algul Carrick, nüüd Saha.
        Maailmameistrid!!

Kommentaar

Burnley teeb Hulli lihtsalt. Ennustan 17. kohta.
          "You didn't realize that they had guns? Big, long, dangerous machine guns. With war criminals attached to the trigger."

RocknRolla (2008)

Kommentaar

Eks neil ole vaja jah järgmiseks hooajaks koht ära kindlustada.

Kommentaar

Misasi see Burnley on? Igatahes väga soositav nähtus, nende hingestatud mäng Evertoni vastu oli eile üsna vahva. Penalti oli küll kohtunikul vile seest välja imetud, aga eks karma tegi Sahale tagasi kah. Hiljem lõi mees kasti joonelt vasakuga peale, pall läks täpselt samast kohast väravast mööda, kust penaltigi Topelt ei kärise.

Kommentaar

Mis misasi? Kunagine Inglise liiga alustajaliige ning kuni 70ndate keskpaigani olid nad valdavalt kõrgemas liigas, ka meistrid olnud ,viimati 1959/60. Nendest ilmselt algaski see vanade olijate allakäik, mis sai hoo sisse 80ndate esimesel poolel.(Wolves, WBA, Stoke, Birmingham,...) Avapostituses küllalt palju infi olemas.
                Kurat seda teab, äkki on hoopis jumal.

Kommentaar

No kuidas kaks sellist võimalust ära ei lööda.. McCann ja Paterson, häbenege, oleksite saanud Stamfordil praegu kangelaseks.

Kommentaar

Anelka 45 minut ja 1-0
                    "Sometimes you look in a field and you see a cow and you think it’s a better cow than the one you’ve got in your own field. It’s a fact. But it never really works out that way." SAF

Kommentaar

Noo nüüd on mäng käest läinud.

Kommentaar

Küllap Pompey fännid imestavad, on see ikka sama Nugent..aga Burnley mängib kodus väga hästi muidugi

Kommentaar

Hull City of 08-09 much?

Kommentaar

Sai siis ka tänast Burley-Sunderlandi mängu jälgitud.Kodumeeskond esitas vägagi südika partii ja sai kätte väärtuslikud 3 punkti,Sunderland oli kuidagi väga kahvatu.üritati aga välja ei tulnud mitte sittagi
                            Mis on ühist Tallinna jõulukuusel ja Cristiano Ronaldol? Mõlemad kipuvad ümber kukkuma, aga süüdi on alati teised!
                            Ott Järvela

Kommentaar

Algselt postitas budulojus Vaata postitust
                              Sai siis ka tänast Burley-Sunderlandi mängu jälgitud.Kodumeeskond esitas vägagi südika partii ja sai kätte väärtuslikud 3 punkti,Sunderland oli kuidagi väga kahvatu.üritati aga välja ei tulnud mitte sittagi
                              burnley mänge on sama põnev vaadata, kui traktorite kihutamist ringrajal. Algul on väga naljakas, kuid nali saab kiiresti otsa. edasi tuleb pidevalt pähe küsimus- miks? nagu tegelt ka, miks?

PS! David Nugent, nagu tõesti- miks?

Kommentaar

Working...
                              X