Huvitav lugemine / Long Read (artiklid)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Kellaaeg
  • Show
Kustuta kõik

Huvitav lugemine / Long Read (artiklid)

Proovime siis midagi toredat ja ehk läheb käima. Mingit prahti, et "Oi, kui naljakas" pole vaja. Formaat oleks siiski nö long read. Võiks olla väikese kirjeldusega ja ei pea olema sport.

17 days in November - http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/...-brother-jason
    Lugu Hollandis sündinud vendadest, kellest üks - Greg Halman - oli polnud küll meeletult edukas pesapallimängija, kuid suutis jõuda profiliigasse. Lisaks võitis EMil kulla. Tema vend Jason aga põrus - nii spordis kui ka elus. Lugu sellest, miks Jason venna tappis.

Oral History: The Malice at the Palace http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...-malice-palace
    Noh, seda mäletatakse ikka. Lugu läbi osaliste meenutuste, eriline roll on Stephen Jacksonil.

"I think a lot of us made a lot of selfish decisions that day. I made a selfish decision to stop trying to break it up and to confront Lindsey Hunter and Richard Hamilton. That was my selfish decision. Ron made a selfish decision by going into the stands. We all made selfish decisions, but at the same time, we were protecting each other. It's kind of hard to see if that's right or wrong."

When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story!

Panen lihtsalt lingi kust võib leida huvitavat lugemist (ei mäleta kas olen kunagi kuhugi postitanud aga siia sobib nagu rusikas silmaauku)

ProPublica is an independent, non-profit newsroom that produces investigative journalism in the public interest.

ProPublica is an independent, non-profit newsroom that produces investigative journalism in the public interest. Our work focuses exclusively on truly important stories, stories with “moral force.” We do this by producing journalism that shines a light on exploitation of the weak by the strong and on the failures of those with power to vindicate the trust placed in them.

Kommentaar

huvitav lugemine - kohustuslik kirjandus interneti sisenemisel(mõned peaks iga päev seda üle lugema) - http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-rad...internet-troll

long read - Dokfilmi teemas lingitud ulmelugu - http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2...?currentPage=1
      jokers to the right
      clowns to the left of me

Kommentaar

Miks ja kuidas Obama võitis valimised.

Political strategist James Carville breaks down where the Republicans went wrong – and what it means for the future

Kommentaar

MA ei oska seda mujale ka postitada:
          A professor stood before his philosophy class and had some items in front of him. When the class began, he wordlessly picked up a very large and empty mayonnaise jar and proceeded to fill it with golf balls. He then asked the students if the jar was full. They agreed that it was.

The professor then picked up a box of pebbles and poured them into the jar. He shook the jar lightly. The pebbles rolled into the open areas between the golf balls. He then asked the students again if the jar was full. They agreed it was.

The professor next picked up a box of sand and poured it into the jar. Of course, the sand filled up everything else. He asked once more if the jar was full.. The students responded with a unanimous ‘yes.’

The professor then produced two Beers from under the table and poured the entire contents into the jar effectively filling the empty space between the sand.The students laughed..

‘Now,’ said the professor as the laughter subsided, ‘I want you to recognize that this jar represents your life. The golf balls are the important things—-your family, your children, your health, your friends and your favorite passions—-and if everything else was lost and only they remained, your life would still be full. The pebbles are the other things that matter like your job, your house and your car.. The sand is everything else—-the small stuff.

‘If you put the sand into the jar first,’ he continued, ‘there is no room for the pebbles or the golf balls. The same goes for life.

If you spend all your time and energy on the small stuff you will never have room for the things that are important to you.

Pay attention to the things that are critical to your happiness.

Spend time with your children. Spend time with your parents. Visit with grandparents. Take your spouse out to dinner. Play another 18. There will always be time to clean the house and mow the lawn.

Take care of the golf balls first—-the things that really matter. Set your priorities. The rest is just sand.

One of the students raised her hand and inquired what the Beer represented. The professor smiled and said, ‘I’m glad you asked.’ The Beer just shows you that no matter how full your life may seem, there’s always room for a couple of Beers with a friend.

Kommentaar

Eesti ja narkoprobleem läbi välisajakirjaniku.
            Estonia is an economic powerhouse — with more than 8% growth in 2011 — but it has a dreadful statistic has well: the highest number of per capita drug deaths in Europe

Kommentaar

targad inimesed kuulavad klassikalist muusikat - http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/10/ma...uble.html?_r=0
              jokers to the right
              clowns to the left of me

Kommentaar

Kauboimüüdi kujunemisest.
                the woman who hurt him must surely have trouble sleeping
                because belle of st mark is a beauty extraordinaire

Kommentaar

Pikk lugemine Ameerika Three Strikes seaduse kohta.

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics...-laws-20130327

Kommentaar

Sama absurdne on Eesti kohtusüsteem, kuid peegelpildis - raskete kuritegude karistused on kohati naeruväärselt leebed.
                    Kuid pikas jutus jäi mul kahe silma vahele : Kas mingisugust kontrolli raskusastme kohta siis üldse ei ole ? Kuritegude raskusastmetesse jagamine annaks asjale ju pisut inimlikuma näo ja seda kasvõi " three strikes " seadust ennast likvideerimata.
                    Näide : 3 lihtsamat kuritegu( automakk, sokid jne ) kuni 5a
                    3 raskemat kuritegu ( relvastatud rööv, vägistamine, tapmine) eluaegne.
                    "I like an aggressive team, I want to see a team that is strong, committed and quick on the break.
                    These are things which Atletico fans have always liked, it helps them identify with and love this shirt."

Kommentaar

Toodi välja küll kusagil, et kui hakati seda vastu võtma siis prokurörid ja muud asjapulgad asjad olid poolt, et tuleks seada raskusastmed, aga suruti läbi ilma.

Kommentaar

Ajuvabadus jah. Nagu seal kommentaarides, siis maksumaksjal on kindlasti hea meel selle suure hulga sokivaraste pikkade karistuste üle, rääkimata pisisulidest ennastest.
                        ★★★★★★

Kommentaar

http://www.chathamhouse.org/sites/de...0213Geopol.pdf

Mõnede erinevate riikide-regioonide rahvastiku vähenemine-suurenemine aastaks 2050 Näiteks Venemaa-praegu ligi 142, aastaks 2050-114 mil.
                          Põhjused, probleemid jne.

Kommentaar

Now, DNA and other tests suggest the individual was a human and was 6 to 8 years of age when he or she died. Even so, the remains were just 6 inches (15 centimeters) long.

The jury is still out on the mutations that caused the deformities, and the researchers aren't certain how old the bones are, though they estimate the individual died at least a few decades ago.

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy My brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay My vengeance upon you.

Kommentaar

Kui raske on mõista, et UFOd ongi ahvidest inimesed teinud sellega, et andsid oma DNA mõnele ahvile..
                              “I am Zlatan. Who the hell are you?”

Kommentaar

Working...
                              X