320x50 ülemine bänner

Collapse

Teadaanne

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ENG] A foreign fan following estonian leagues from abroad!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Kellaaeg
  • Show
Kustuta kõik

[ENG] A foreign fan following estonian leagues from abroad!

Greetings, estonian football fans!

I live in Norway and along with a friend of mine, we have been following estonian leagues and various teams ever since Rakvere were relegated from ML. In fact, I've seen maybe 100+ live stream matches from both ML and EL, believe it or not.

Why are we such fans of estonian football? Well, cannot just explain this in one sentence, so here we go... I am actually a fan of Liverpool FC, where Ragnar Klavan used to play at, and I am over average interested in football, so actually live and breathe football, to be honest. So, me and my friend have been browsing through the world of football, trying to find some leagues with teams that are a little different than leagues and teams elsewhere in the world, especially in Europe. So, a few years ago, I stumbled upon estonian football. I started watching some matches and was quickly caught by its charm. It's the whole charm of it all, actually. One of the main reasons is because the goals are just flying in like crazy! I mean, last season, the 3 big teams managed to score OVER 100 goals, while 3 lower teams managed to concede OVER 100 goals. NO other main league in european football can show to such numbers, actually. Not even scottish 3rd division, and in my opinion, that is nowhere near as appealing as ML and EL is. That alone is quite unique, I'd say. And naturally, it's interesting to see the development of the teams and leagues. I mean, look at Paide's players such as Jatta... A prospect for a transfer to another country soon, I suppose. And it's going forward, obviously, seeing that the Supercup-final was played on Floras stadium, so that's at least something. Overall, we just like the charm of the entire league and its teams. Besides, since we live quite close to the finnish border, we're quite used to the ML-sponsored A.Le Coq beer as well, heh. It's also interesting to see that a main league with only 10 teams are playing whopping 36 matches! That's great, I reckon.

We've become such fans of estonian football that we're actually considering a return trip back to Estonia some day! I have been to Tallinn while my friend and his girlfriend has been to Rakvere and also Tallinn.

I have also been watching some of the estonian national team matches, where particularly the matches away vs. Greece and home vs. Hungary are the ones I remember the most.

And naturally, we are also fond of the language as well. Quite different from finnish, although some things are very finnish. We speak only norwegian, sami and english, but we understand a little bit of finnish, but only minimal estonian, unfortunately.

I am also trying to figure out which team jerseys I should try to get... Would love to put it on my memory wall of other football jerseys I have.

But yeah, that's my little story and fascination for estonian football.

Do you have many other foreign fans of estonian football, or?

I'm Estonian and I'm not sure which teams currently play in Meistriliiga. Estonian league is boring, because the winning teams always come from the capital city. The only proper rivarly in Estonian sports that has brought thousands of fans to the sports halls was between the top basketball teams from Tallinn and Tartu. Football is played to 50-100 spectators. Some big teams have barely any fans. I would rather watch my friends play the 4th league than watch a match of Meistriliiga he he

My biased opinion, as I'm from Tartu.

Kommentaar

Algselt postitas j6u1uv4n4 Vaata postitust
      I'm Estonian and I'm not sure which teams currently play in Meistriliiga. Estonian league is boring, because the winning teams always come from the capital city. The only proper rivarly in Estonian sports that has brought thousands of fans to the sports halls was between the top basketball teams from Tallinn and Tartu. Football is played to 50-100 spectators. Some big teams have barely any fans. I would rather watch my friends play the 4th league than watch a match of Meistriliiga he he

My biased opinion, as I'm from Tartu.
      This is bullshit.
      The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy My brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay My vengeance upon you.

Kommentaar

Algselt postitas Tofoa Vaata postitust
        This is bullshit.
        Like u

Kommentaar

Algselt postitas Nasfal Vaata postitust
          Like u
          Tore, kui sulle enda koduliiga alavääristamine valede ja piinlike pooltõdedega meeldib. Kinnitab aina enam ka sinu kuvandit siin foorumis - suur hunnik vingu ja pussu, aga null tegu ja nägu.

Mina olen uhke meie Premium liiga üle ja käin seda iganädalaselt nautimas. Viimati tegin sesada koos 1673 inimesega Lillekülas. Tuhanded teised olid mujal Eestis mängudel. Väga lahe oli. Võiksite ka koos j6uluvanaga kodust keldrist välja ujuda ja staadionitel käia. Teeksite oma emadele ka rõõmu sellega.
          The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy My brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay My vengeance upon you.

Kommentaar

Tore, kui sulle enda koduliiga alavääristamine valede ja piinlike pooltõdedega meeldib. Kinnitab aina enam ka sinu kuvandit siin foorumis - suur hunnik vingu ja pussu, aga null tegu ja nägu.

Mina olen uhke meie Premium liiga üle ja käin seda iganädalaselt nautimas. Viimati tegin sesada koos 1673 inimesega Lillekülas. Tuhanded teised olid mujal Eestis mängudel. Väga lahe oli. Võiksite ka koos j6uluvanaga kodust keldrist välja ujuda ja staadionitel käia. Teeksite oma emadele ka rõõmu sellega.
            Ma ütlesin, et sina oled bullshit mitte ei kiitnud jõuluvana posti ja nagu ma su tekstist loen siis täiesti õigesti ütlesin. Kust sina tead palju ma jalkat vaatamas käin, et sa selliseid statemente õhku viskad? Mõttetu konn oled, kes pidevalt peab ennast teistest paremaks. Tõmba oma ülespaisutatud ego lihtsalt vahelduseks maha.

Kommentaar

Algselt postitas Nasfal Vaata postitust
              Ma ütlesin, et sina oled bullshit mitte ei kiitnud jõuluvana posti ja nagu ma su tekstist loen siis täiesti õigesti ütlesin. Kust sina tead palju ma jalkat vaatamas käin, et sa selliseid statemente õhku viskad? Mõttetu konn oled, kes pidevalt peab ennast teistest paremaks. Tõmba oma ülespaisutatud ego lihtsalt vahelduseks maha.
              Mida sa siis üldse hüppad siin? Ole parem lihtsalt vait.

Kommentaar

Tofu võtab hoogu maha nüüd ja sama teeb Nasfal. Tore, et te mõlemad käite meie vutti vaatamas aga see ära panemise koht tuleb vast 13ndal, chill vanad.
                Norrakas on eesti vuti fänn ja selle üle ei saa tõesti kurta. Ma võin talle Heroli särgi anda, kui lubate.

Kommentaar

Ja sina oled varasemalt võinud küll üritada torgata kui mina olen püüdnud viisakalt ja ilma huumorita mõnes kohas arvamust avaldada. You prove my point again.

Kommentaar

Algselt postitas j6u1uv4n4 Vaata postitust
                    Football is played to 50-100 spectators.
                    Premium liigas peeti teisipäeval ja kolmapäeval 16. voor, mis meelitas viie mängu peale kokku tribüünidele 3698 jalgpallihuvilist.

Try again

Kommentaar

Yeah, we all agree, that Estonian football is quite shitty, but we are not supposed to say it in front of foreigners. And fighting ensues.

Kommentaar

What you're witnessing here is a typical chain of events where a seemingly harmless discussion turns into a clash in no time. It's said that Estonian's favorite dish is another Estonian. Maybe that's also why we're so shitty in football - instead of working together for a common goal, we tend to fight each other.

Anyway, it's cool to see someone cares. Estonian football does have its charms.

Kommentaar

I visited my local club Pärnu Vaprus game yesterday and among those 434 spectators(in first division, not Premium!) i heard italian, german and finnish language. Talked to the german lads, who came from Braunschweig and is on tour to watch baltic football. Started in Tallinn and are finishing in Lithuania. The Finn was on holiday with his family and was a former Tampere United head coach!
                          So, it seems you are not the only one!
                          "I like an aggressive team, I want to see a team that is strong, committed and quick on the break.
                          These are things which Atletico fans have always liked, it helps them identify with and love this shirt."

Kommentaar

If you are in Tallinn try to go to watch JK Tallinna Kalev, they often make big events out of their home games(Compared to some clubs) Yes, mostly intended for kids but its still enjoyable. Ragnar Klavan and Joel Lindpere own a bit of the club if Im correct, at least last year Klavan sent football stuff for every home game which was then put up for a raffle, Solanke's football boots, Lorius' gloves etc.
                            Je suis Nasfal

Kommentaar

I've seen/heard quite a few German-speakers at Tammeka games in Tartu.

The games usually have more spectators than average but most of them are young kids and there is not much of a rhythmic fan support. But, when playing on grass, they do serve reasonably priced beer and okay fast-food, there are games in the half-time and people are friendly.

Kommentaar

Working...
                              X