X

• Filter
  • Kellaaeg
  • Show
Kustuta kõik

Replying to Topic \'Leeds United\'

Panen üles juba pealkirja enda pärast

Leeds make first signing in two years
    Kevin Blackwell is confident he has not wasted a penny of the money spent on left-back Stephen Crainey after becoming the first Leeds boss for more than two years to splash the cash on a new signing.

The last player Leeds bought was Nick Barmby in July 2002, with Terry Venables allowed to spend £2.75million on the former England international midfielder from Liverpool.

Since then, a club that once spent money as if it was going out of fashion has tightly closed the purse strings, with the arrivals that have followed either free transfers, non-contract players or loan signings.

Blackwell has had to toe the same line during the summer as the board have continued to strive to slash debts, which still stand at around £40million, and a once-crippling wage bill.

But in the wake of the sales of Alan Smith, Mark Viduka, James Milner and Paul Robinson during the close season, chairman Gerald Krasner has finally opened the coffers.

Leeds have paid £200,000 for Scotland international Crainey who arrives at Elland Road on a three-year deal from Southampton after being told he would not figure in the plans of boss Paul Sturrock.

A delighted Blackwell has taken advantage of the situation, and is now hoping the club have \'bottomed out\' as he said: \'The board are well aware we have gone a long way towards putting a squad together for nothing.

\'But there\'s only so long you can carry on doing that because with the support we have and the expectations of this club, you have to look at adding a bit more quality and unfortunately that costs.

\'So I asked the question of the board and they came up with the answer. They have dug deep and any manager who has money to spend is a very happy manager.

\'Knowing I need two or three other players that will be crucial to the squad I\'m looking to put together, thankfully they\'ve come up with some money.

\'It\'s a positive sign I\'ve been able to spend. I\'m aware Stephen is Leeds\' first cash signing for two years and it might start to show people we are bottoming out and are starting to move forward.

\'But I know I can\'t afford to waste a pound and I don\'t think I\'ve wasted any of this money.\'

Crainey joined the Saints from Celtic in February, but no sooner had he arrived than the man who signed him, Gordon Strachan, chose to quit.

The 23-year-old then made just five starts for Southampton during the closing three months of last season, with Sturrock making it clear further appearances would be few and far between.

But despite playing at the highest level in Scotland and then in the Premier League, Crainey was more than happy to walk out of the St Mary\'s Stadium.

After initially signing on loan on Friday to ensure he could be in the Leeds\' squad for Saturday\'s Coca-Cola Championship curtain-raiser at home to Derby, Crainey will tomorrow face Gillingham at the Priestfield Stadium as a fully-fledged squad member.

\'The last few days have been a bit frantic, but we\'ve got it sorted and I\'m delighted to be here and I just want to get down to playing some games for Leeds,\' said Crainey.

\'There were never any doubts about dropping down a level. Paul made it clear I wouldn\'t be part of his plans and I would only play if there were injuries, but I wasn\'t interested.

\'As soon as I heard of Leeds\' interest I was desperate to come. I see this as a chance to get my career back on track after what happened at Southampton.\'
    Soccernet.com
    When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story!

Kommentaar

Kui keegi tahab Leedsi mänge kuulata, siis vajutage sellele lingile ja siis Live ülevalt nurgast. Kõik mängud kommentaariga olemas.

Leeds muide Gillinghami vastu 4. minutiga taga. Deflection shot.

Kommentaar

WTF?

Gillinghami käest kotti

See oli nüüd küll halb üllatus. Smutovil on need õiged lehed teada, postid ehk üles, mis hindeid ja kommentaare meestele mängu eest pakutud on.

Nüüd tuleb siis kuni järgmise nädalavahetuseni paus - saab vahepeal Premiership\'i nautida.
        League One is for wankers. Championship is the ultimate challenge!

Kommentaar

dazza byfield!!!!!!
          eelmine nädala skooris jameliaga, eile siis leedsi vastu

Kommentaar

Originally posted by oku
            WTF?
            Läheb kordamisele iga nädal:
            I hate Michael Duberry,
            nanananaaaa.
            I hate Michael Duberry,
            naaaanananananaaaa.

I hate Michael Duberry,
            nanananaaaa.
            I hate the fucking Duberry,
            naaaananananaaaa.

Fuck off Michael Duberry,
            nanananaaaa.
            Fuck off fucking Duberry,
            naaaananananaaaa.

Fuck you and your little teapot routine! (hüüatusena - toim.)
            nanananaaaa.

Kommentaar

korraks Rootsis olles sähvatas pähe mõte teha Duberryga koos pilti, Duberry hoidmas käes plakatit-
              Martin Smutov I love you
              Sellisel määral ma Martini \"vaimustust \"nagu küll ei jaga... Vaatasin eile mängu video pealt üle ja Duberry mängis taaskord enam -vähem.
              Mis õhtusesse mängu puutub- siis suure tõenäosusega nii hakkabki minema.
              Kui jõuame vähemalt kevadistesse Play-offidesse, siis joome õlut ja vaatame mänge minu raha eest.
              Paluks siis õigel ajal meelde tuletada

Kommentaar

Originally posted by oku

Nüüd tuleb siis kuni järgmise nädalavahetuseni paus - saab vahepeal Premiership\'i nautida.
                ei tule ju paus---- juba sel nädalal away game Wolverhamtoniga.
                SKY kanalil siis esialgu järgmised ülekanded

24 sept Sunderland Home 21:45 uuuuuuhhhh. Local derby
                31 okt Wigan Athletic Home 15:00
                10 dets West Ham United Away 21:45
                vähe rsk..

Eks mujalt tuleb juurde

Kommentaar

Kohalikult, kes mängul oli:

Sullivan – 5 – Could have been lower, made a very shaky start to the game and his kicking and distribution was shocking. Got better as game went on.

Kelly – 4 – Was surprised that he got so much praise on the radio, lost the ball, played long balls to nobody and was slow with his decision making, so spending too long on the ball

Kilgallon – 5 –Wasn’t as bad as some people have made out, certainly couldn’t fault his effort and chased and harried while putting a foot in, was caught out of position often but then he IS out of position. Would like to see him moved inside at the expense of Duberry.

Butler – 6- Didn’t do too much wrong, still looks slow in places, sometimes though hes the last man and puts in some crucial blocks and tackles.

Duberry – 5- Didn’t impress me, sorry, he looks like he’s tying his best but is he? If he is then his best is not good enough even for this level, what good is it doing him charging up field and being stood in a striker’s position while we’re defending?

Richardson – 7 – Was quiet but didn’t put a foot wrong, took people on and succeeded more often than not, chased people down and played some nice football.

Pugh – 7 – Similar to Richardson, both seem up for it, he comes inside to help out and also goes on runs, attacking the defence. Scored when we were having trouble getting people in the box.

Wright – 5 – By passed in midfield, lost the ball too easily, put in the odd good tackle but not good enough.

Walton – 4 – Thought he was very poor indeed, maybe we got carried away? Got passed by like Wright and with the two of them we were hopeless down the middle.

Joachim-7- Played well, put the work in, ran everywhere and took on the defence, however missed chances and was positioned wrongly on a lot of attacks.

Ricketts – 3 – Very poor, barely touched the ball, didn’t look interested at all.

Subs

Deane – 5 – Didn’t do much wrong, didn’t do much right.

Guppy – 6 – Looked promising for short time he was on. Good cross leading to the goal.

Other ratings

Ground – 2 – Shit

Journey down – 2 – Shit

Journey back – 1 – Unbearable

Gillingham fans – 3 – Pretty poor

Leeds fans – 6 – Tried but were frustrated by the performance and the shit uncovered stand that meant when you sing or clap it vanishes into thin air.

Programme – 7 – Nice features, decent length, 50p cheaper than ER.

Referee – 2 – Rob Styles was terrible, made a lot of wrong decisions.

The Fight – 10 – Quality entertainment in an otherwise dire match.

Overall – Frustrating suff, lost the ball too often by playing it into space where there was no Leeds shirt (maybe a side effect of a completely new side?) – Insist on playing long balls which don’t involve our best players (Richardson and Pugh on the wing and Joachim who is not going to win a thing in the air) and relies on Duberry, Kelly and Sullivan to make a decent kick up field and Ricketts to get on the end of it, none of which look like happening, ever. Ned to use the wings more, improve in central midfield and let Crainey play LB with Killa in the centre.

Kommentaar

Originally posted by Martin
                    The Fight – 10 – Quality entertainment in an otherwise dire match.
                    Super

Seda meest peaks paluma, et ta igale mängule oma hinnangu annaks
                    League One is for wankers. Championship is the ultimate challenge!

Kommentaar

Mingid uudised selles postituses ju on. Selgituseks: Stix on LUFC töötaja, kes tegeleb klubis ka puuetega lastele igast võimauste pakkumisega. Igathaes trambib Leedsi koridorides ja treeningkohtades.

Went to Thorpe Arch this morning... Didn\'t get chance to eat at La Laconda though nor did i see any stray \'squareballs\'.

I met up with Stix for the first time who was a top bloke. I asked him if there were any new faces this week and he told me there were 6 lads on trial today most of them young Franch lads. They seem to have been coming in every day over the last few weeks. Also found out that Bart-Williams doesnt have any sort of contract as yet, but was training today. Guppy and Hignett has pay as you play contracts.

Ricketts was in training and looked quite sharp. Matthew Spring was in the gym and said he would be back in about a week. I asked about Lennon and he said that he has a slight knock and he won\'t be out for long, backing up the comments reported from the fans forum.

Apart from that not a great deal to report. Great facilities down there, don\'t know wh ythey insisted on training in the pouring rain when the indoor pitch is excellent, but there you go. May make another visit down there with the option to have lunch with them all, will let you know if I do.

Kommentaar

Vastus teemale \'Leeds United\'

Wolvesi vastu siis 0:0 viik, mille Sullivan meile väravas tõi. Mängu parim uudis on, et Duberry sai punase ehk peab vähemalt ühe mängu õnneks vahele jätma. Tänu jumalale. Veab.

Ja nagu tavaks, reitingud mujalt:
                        Sullivan - 9 - Probably an 8 without the pen save but he is better at collecting crosses than either of his English predecessors at No. 1, pulled off some good saves, looked comfortable, marshalled the defence and stopped the penalty (THANK YOU SULLI!)

Kelly - 7 - Not a bad performance all told but lacks pace and dithers sometimes. I, unlike others, wouldn\'t fault his effort though.

Crainey - 6 - Looked nervous to start with and a little bit off the pace, got better as game wore on, maybe because of lack of match practice though... Better than Harte nevertheless.

Butler - 8 - Assured, confident, put in some good tackles, always positioned well, will have shown them what they have lost by letting him go. Bollocked Duberry regularly.

Duberry - 5 - Poor generally but he does look OK in patches and if he hadn\'t got sent off I would have said 6 but the tackle was rash and unnecessary, he could have cost us the game. I will be happy to see either Kilgallon or Carlisle at the back for his 3 game ban though. (toimetaja - lisan siia ühe veel: Duberry 2 - Still fucking useless. Got sent off)

Richardson - 7 - Nothing wrong with his showing, played some good link ups, went at defenders occasionally but definitey his quietest game of the 3 so far.

Pugh - 7 - Similar to Richardson (these two seem to be similar in every game). Slightly more involved, came inside and tracked back more but was more effective against Gillingham and Derby.

Radebe - 6 - Wasn\'t really up to playing central midfield, didn\'t have much of a chance to play before getting injured, was late to a few challenges (past his best).

Wright - 6 - Haven\'t seen anything too impressive from him so far this season, is weak in the tackle and gives the ball away too much but at the same time he works tirelessly.

Ricketts - 4 - Physically unfit, not mobile at all can\'t get into the positions to play like a striker, cant run on to balls or get into the box quick enough for a shot - therefore not fit to wear the white shirt.

Deane - 6 - Involved, having to do most of the work up front, ran on to long balls in wide areas mainly leaving no-one in the box, worked hard.

Subs -

Walton - 6 - Can tell he\'s inexperienced but he has a lot of energy and enthusiasm, gave the ball away a lot but always sprinted to try and rectify his mistake, put in a good challenge in a central defenders role when Duberry had been sent off.

Joachim - 7 - Set up a good chance for Richardson, was 10 times more effective than Ricketts, felt sorry for him when I saw he had been dropped, Deane/Joachim is our best strike partnership currently.

Guppy - 5 - No chance to impress or otherwise.

Other ratings -

Referee - 5 - Some bad decisions but got the penalty right (unfortunately) and got rid of Dubious for a while

Stadium - 6 - One of the best we\'ll go to this season (a depressing thought) - strange stand we sat in. All along one side of the pitch in a curved stand. Meant we couldnt create a wall of sound and unite as one voice.

Wolves fans - 5 - Can\'t be said that they don\'t back the team but what a bunch of losers.

Hot Dogs - 9 - £1 each! Excellent value

Programme - 9 - as good as at ER but still 50p cheaper.

PA System - 0 - So bad it was funny (Why do they have it - it\'s like that wedding DJ Peter Kay goes on about)

Overall - A good point, considering Wolves will be a favourite to be there or thereabouts at the end of the season and came down with us they weren\'t a big threat and I was unhappy not to be leading until the penalty then I was happy with the draw ( a fair result)

One thing I will say is it\'s hard adjusting to Div 1 (CCC) life. There hasn\'t been a clock at any ground (including ER) So I have not a clue how long to go etc. and when you se someone bearing down on goal you still shit yourself as if it were Henry or Shearer but then they put in th most piss weak shot ever and you realise your watching a completely different standard of football where perfectly good chances are missed all the time!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Ja lõpetuseks kaks laulu!
                        I hate Michael Duberry,
                        nanananaaaa.
                        I hate Michael Duberry,
                        naaaanananananaaaa.

I hate Michael Duberry,
                        nanananaaaa.
                        I hate the fucking Duberry,
                        naaaananananaaaa.

Fuck off Michael Duberry,
                        nanananaaaa.
                        Fuck off fucking Duberry,
                        naaaananananaaaa.

Fuck you and your little teapot routine! (hüüatusena - toim.)
                        nanananaaaa.

Scotland number one!
                        Scotland! Scotland number on!

Kommentaar

Algselt postitas Martin

Overall - A good point, considering Wolves will be a favourite to be there or thereabouts at the end of the season and came down with us they weren\'t a big threat and I was unhappy not to be leading until the penalty then I was happy with the draw ( a fair result)
                          Siin vaidleks reitingukirjutajale õrnalt vastu, et Wolves oleks favoriit vms (ok, üks nendest küll) ja seda isegi mitte nende kesist hooaja algust arvestades. Samas on viik võõrsil siiski hea tulemus teie jaoks. Aga arvestades vanade aegade praktikat on ka Brightonil Wolvesi vastu 4 punkti miinimumeesmärk...

One thing I will say is it\'s hard adjusting to Div 1 (CCC) life. There hasn\'t been a clock at any ground (including ER) So I have not a clue how long to go etc.
                          Welcome to Withdean (or Estonia)...

Wolvesi vastu siis 0:0 viik, mille Sullivan meile väravas tõi. Mängu parim uudis on, et Duberry sai punase ehk peab vähemalt ühe mängu õnneks vahele jätma. Tänu jumalale. Veab.
                          Iseenesest v-o mõne jaoks jaah hea uudis, aga kui bänn pikemaks peaks kujunema (ei tea, mis olukord oli), siis koos Radebe vigastusega (millele võiks ka tähelepanu pöörata) võib kaitse väheke veel lünklikumaks jääda või mis?

Kommentaar

Algselt postitas skint
                            Iseenesest v-o mõne jaoks jaah hea uudis, aga kui bänn pikemaks peaks kujunema (ei tea, mis olukord oli), siis koos Radebe vigastusega (millele võiks ka tähelepanu pöörata) võib kaitse väheke veel lünklikumaks jääda või mis?
                            Radebe pole kaks hooaega kaitses mänginud. Ok, mööndustega, kuid teda on siiski sellel hooajal töielikult ning eelmise lõpust alates kasutatud vaid kui kaitsvat poolikut. Ehk Radebe vigastust tähendab, et nüüd on Walton kogu aeg algkoosseisus, kui just Spring terveks ei saa.

Kaitses on Killa ja Clarke Carlisle, kes ka terveks saab loodetvasti. Vajadusel saab ju Pughi ka alla vasakule ja Richardsoni paremale tuua. Ehk jutu mõtet oli, et probleemi pole. Soovin Duberryle pikka mängukeeldu, olgu puhkus talle kerge, kuigi puhkamisega tegeleb ta väljakul ka.

Kommentaar

Juninho treenib väidetavalt Archis.

Väga ei usu, kuid kes teab. Imesid ju juhtub.

Kommentaar

Vot siis nii.

Sain täna kätte sellise toreda asja nagu Four Four Two Season Preview 2004/2005.

Iga klubi kohta värgid ja siis fännidelt ka igast küsimused. Üks neist on \"Which team do you most want to beat this season?\". Nii.

Nüüd pakkuge, kes 1 divari kinni pani selles arvestuses? :P

Õige! Leeds. Meid valisid 8 klubi. Sellise populaarsusega suudab hiilata vaid Arsenal Premis.

Ja need klubid on: Brighton (skint, miks nii? ), Burnley, Coventry, Gillingham, Reading, Rotherdam United, Sheffield United ja Sunderland.

Ahjaaa, selline 2 divari hiiglane nagu Bournemouth valis ka Leedsi - loodavad FA Cupi peale.

Selline on siis olukord. Kui skint jubedalt maksab, siis võin Brightoni osa sisse skännida ja saata.

Kommentaar

Working...
                                X