jokers to the right
    clowns to the left of me

Kommentaar

viimane gladiaator ja esimene piraat
      jokers to the right
      clowns to the left of me

Kommentaar

Sinisa Mihajlovic: Totti the greatest ever

“I consider Francesco the greatest Italian footballer of all time. Greater than Baggio and Rivera. Roma with or without Totti is not the same team.

“If he is not there, there is no light. I hope that he continues to play for a long time and goes to the World Cup. He is a great champion.”
        FORZA ITALIA FORZA ROMA - "A Scudetto in Rome is worth a thousand elsewhere."
        sigpic

Kommentaar

Kuningas on rääkinud:

Roma have clear ideas this year…
          “Yes , the club is working well, it is very important. This means that we can look ahead to the future with confidence. We are living a highlight and we must try to continue on this path. We have shown that we can compete with everyone and we are not afraid of anyone. With hard work the results will come.”

Can the change be related to the arrival of coach Rudi Garcia?
          “Garcia was able to understand the local context. He studied the situation, came in a very delicate moment. We all know that Roma had experienced difficult times. The results were expected and, within the group, there was not a lot of confidence. He has been good at identifying problems quickly. Garcia has rebuilt. The players have a lot of respect for him. It is not easy to talk with players for a French coach who has to learn the language. In Italy he was not known. Now, everyone envies us for having him.”

How did you expect his arrival last summer?

“When he was chosen, I was afraid it was another risky bet. We went looking for a trainer in France, Lille, while we needed certainty. But when Garcia arrived here, he had a special approach. He is straight with everyone. Everyone knows his ideas , from the youngest to the most senior player like me! It makes no difference. This is important.”

He even managed to motivate and recover Daniele De Rossi who was ready to leave…
          “Daniele is important to us. He is a player of the national team, we can not question his value. After all, everyone has ups and downs in his career. But his enthusiasm and commitment to Roma seem to be clear. And we know that for a Roman player playing with this shirt has a special meaning.”

In his book ‘All roads lead to Rome,’ Rudi Garcia wrote that the group was born during last summer training camp during a dinner with the whole team. Is that true?
          “There are significant moments in the life of a team. Some situations, some details can make a difference. It was important to start well after the difficult seasons we have experienced over the past two years. He had to prove that we were united, without repeating mistakes. In this sense, the dinner may have helped.”

What did not work under coach Zdenek Zeman?
          “I’m sorry for Zeman and how everything is finished. The fault lies with everyone, players and coaches. Perhaps mostly with players, because we did not do what he asked for, we even did the opposite.”

How far can Roma go?
          “There are no limits. In any case, our goal is to qualify for next season’s Champions League. Anything can happen, but I will not say more!”

Is there any difference between Juventus and Roma?
          “The Coppa Italia showed there isn’t. And even if it went wrong in the league, I think the difference is not as obvious as the score indicated. In any case, they managed to make this season special, but so did we. We picked up 44 points in the first half. The club signed two players like Radja Nainggolan and Michel Bastos in the winter transfer windows. This is a strong signal. This means that the club is more massive and more respected. And most importantly, the players want to come to Roma.”

Gervinho is the new fan favorite…

“He is an extraordinary character, we can only love him. I already knew him when he played for Arsenal, but now I play with him, I’m impressed by his power. He is capable of a delightful footwork.”

Let’s talk about your future…

“I’ve always said that I will play as long as I feel fit. The dream of playing my entire career with always the same shirt has been one of my goals. I’ve always been a fan of the team. Besides winning the World Cup in 2006, my best memory is the wonderful Scudetto title in 2000-2001, when I wore the captain’s armband. It was a personal pride.”

Roma was a choice of heart since childhood…
          “At home we have always been Roma fans. When I played for Lodigiani one day the president of this small club called my parents, Roma and Lazio wanted me. My mother did not hesitate for long: she chose Roma. And it was Roma!”

Real Madrid tried to sign you…
          “This is true . I have always admired Real Madrid. It can flatter when one of the most prestigious clubs in the world wants you. When we played at the Bernabeu in 2002 and won with my goal, I felt great pride. If I left Roma, I would have definitely won more: leagues, cups, perhaps the Ballon d’Or. But I’m happy to have stayed with my team.”

One day you said you could not be a coach because you’re too kind. Is that true?
          “Yes. I find it difficult to make choices among the players. Maybe I could focus on the children with whom I always feel good. I do not know, I still do not want to decide.”

The World Cup: will Cesare Prandelli call you?
          “I do not know. The Italy shirt is always an obvious source of pride, but I think that Prandelli has already made ​​his choice. In the worst case, I will go to Brazil on vacation!”

What do you think of this national team?
          “I like it, they are a good group. At Euro 2012 we showed that we were able to offer quality and style. Too bad for the final. Spain is always a team of champions and it was not easy to beat. I am confident, however. Prandelli has done a good job and we can see the results.”

Other favorites, in your opinion?
          “Always the same. Brazil, because it is the host country. Then Argentina, Germany and us. France has a coach who knows football and has regained some spirit after the unexpected qualification against Ukraine. France could be the surprise and has players like Karim Benzema and Franck Ribery, still capable of strokes of genius.”

What are your passions beyond football?

“Family, my sons Cristian and Chanel. I try to stay with them as much as possible. I take them to school, I am a simple person. I like to play burraco and billiards. I also like tennis, sea, cars, travels.”

What do you want to say to the many French fans who adore you?
          “I am glad that they follow me and I thank them. The French league is getting more exciting. And Paris is a wonderful city!”
          sigpic

Kommentaar

Nii mõnigi mees on julgenud kapist väljaronida peale Naziost lahkumist:

“Words don’t really matter, only numbers and what he has done in his career certify his worth. Totti is one of the best players in world football,” Inter midfielder Hernanes told Il Corriere dello Sport about the Giallorossi captain.
            sigpic

Kommentaar

Tulevik

FORZA CRISTIAN!
              sigpic

Kommentaar

Hernaanus on tõesti sarnane tittyga....merchenary gayfag soldiers!
                Daje!!!
                1.totti koondisesse.
                2.Money talks bullshit(totti) walks.
                3."Miks mind feminiinseks peetakse"-F.Totti
                "Kui Tottil oleks mu*nn oleks ta mees"-George W. Bush

Kommentaar

Tulevik

sigpic

Kommentaar

Paneme ühe veel:

So self aware so full of shit

Kommentaar

Veel üks austaja on kuninga ees põlvitanud

sigpic

Kommentaar

Veel üks austaja on kuninga ees põlvitanud:

sigpic

Kommentaar

2014/2015

Kommentaar

235 - Twenty years ago (September 4th, 1994), Francesco Totti scored the first of his 235 Serie A goals. Hero.
                            37 - Francesco Totti has delivered 37 assists over the last five Serie A campaigns, more than any other player. Enlightening.

Kommentaar

Kunigas vaatab oma 38ndal sünnipäeval ajas tagasi

Perhaps surprisingly for players who so represent each side of the Rome Derby, ex-Lazio hero Alessandro Nesta remains one of Totti’s best friends in the game.
                              “Nesta was a great friend growing up, as we went through the whole youth sector together and even then you could tell we’d become captains of our respective teams,” Totti told Roma TV and Roma Radio.

“We hung out regularly when we played for Italy, even at youth level, and we are still in contact today.

“With De Rossi I shared many wonderful and horrible moments. We won a World Cup together and hope to win again. He is an important figure in the side and I see him as the captain despite the fact he doesn’t wear the armband. He and Florenzi will be captain of Roma sooner or later. Hopefully later...”

Now Roma are battling with Juventus for the Scudetto, but that involves challenging another of Totti’s chums.
                              “Buffon is one of the few real friends I have in football. I have always respected him.”

Totti famously had a strong bond with Cassano while they were teammates at Roma, then a huge falling out and reconnected in recent years.

“Cassano? He’s crazy! In terms of technique he is one of the best players in the world. It’s just that his head let him down.

“I wish I had played with Ronaldo, the real one from his days at Inter. I’d also certainly have loved to work with Carlo Ancelotti.”

Totti is still going strong at 38, but he decided to retire from international duty after the triumph in Germany in 2006.
                              “The World Cup is the dream of any player and it marks you for life. You walk around and when someone calls you ‘World Champion’ even today you stick your chest out and feel strong.
                              “Mind you, if I hadn’t scored that penalty against Australia then we probably wouldn’t even have qualified for the quarter-finals. I had courage and the cool head to take it. I was coming off a bad injury and didn’t even know if I’d be able to participate in the tournament, but with determination and hunger, I did it.”

That wasn’t his most famous penalty in an Azzurri jersey, as Totti chipped Edwin van der Sar in the Euro 2000 semi-final shoot-out.
                              “Every time I watch that back, I don’t understand if I was mad or not. At the time I was scared, but then courage, my head and instinct told me to do it anyway.”

There were also lows for Italy and when asked about a regret, he picked spitting at Christian Poulsen in Euro 2004.

Kommentaar

Palju Õnne Kuningale! Kui vaid kestaks veel 38 aastat! Kahju et ainult Verona amatöörid peavad olema need ,kes kuninga ees füüsiliselt põlvili laskuvad. Võiks saata kõikide Serie A meeskondade esindajad väljaku äärde kummardama!

sigpic

Kommentaar

Working...
                                X