Leeds United

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Kellaaeg
  • Show
Kustuta kõik

Algselt postitas skint Vaata postitust
    Siinkohal peaks tegelikult konna lause "tema ülesanne oli täiesti perverssne, ning ta peaaegu et tuli sellega toime" korrutama umbes 1,5ga, kui mitte 2ga. Ja kas eelnevast peaks järeldama, et O'Leary oleks täiesti rahuldav valik?

Njah, võib küll Leedsi suurte nimedega treenerite seas (Ranieri, Curbs ja Glenda) linkida, aga palju tõenäolisemalt lõpetate ikka mõne madalama astme treeneri, nt Batesi kollanokast sõbra, kes jättis minu arvates lahkudes Millwalli mitte just parimasse seisu, otsas. Sobiks?
    Ära käuksu..

Mina paneks emmsii Allisteri peale... käsikullas.. muidugi on ka safe sex-i esindav Ranieri ..ja veel
    hoddle ei kvalifitseeru ÜLDSE

Kommentaar

ja. Martin... unusta Keegan

Bookmaker Charlie McCann

Kommentaar

Panen kaks lugu, et Carverit veidi tutvustada.

----

Carver's chance to stake a claim
        by Phil Hay
        Leeds United's managerial slippers are still cooling down, and stepping into the shoes of Kevin Blackwell will not be one of John Carver's more pleasurable experiences.

The affable Geordie mounted a spirited defence of Blackwell after Tuesday night's Carling Cup win over Barnet, and Carver's composed demeanour gave the impression of a man who expected his manager to deflect the knives and fight another day.
        But even football's most experienced members can be caught on the hop, and Blackwell was gone within 24 hours. By Wednesday evening, Ken Bates had summoned Carver south from his home on Tyneside and installed him as caretaker manager, the type of whirlwind day that Carver has seen before.
        The former Newcastle coach is the last man who would wish to move for the permanent position with indecent haste, but football stands still for no man. The odds on him replacing Blackwell full-time came in to 6-1 yesterday, cut from 20-1, and he is already in the thick of fevered speculation as United consider their next appointment.
        The advantage given to Carver, and denied the likes of Alan Curbishley and Dennis Wise, is that his claim will be staked under Bates' watchful eye.
        The club's post-Blackwell era will begin during tomorrow's meeting with Birmingham City, the first time in more than two years that their departed manager will be missing from the dug-out at Elland Road.
        Sufficient
        The game's significance may be widely overlooked as thoughts of Blackwell's potential successor dominate the minds of those with a vested interest in Leeds, but Carver would not be so naive as to expect all eyes to rest on him. Aside from filling the vacant manager's seat, United have the pressing matter of their league position to deal with.
        It will not take many results to conspire against Leeds tomorrow to leave the Elland Road club at the bottom of the Championship. A draw for QPR against Hull City would be sufficient if United lose to Birmingham, and dropping to 24th place at the end of his first game in charge will not help Carver to impress the boss.
        Like Blackwell, however, he has resisted the temptation to gloss over Leeds' start to the season. A total of two wins from eight games has provided Leeds with seven points from a possible 24, and Carver would not wish to distance himself from the existing problem.
        As Blackwell's assistant, he has been at the centre of the coaching and preparation of United's squad, and reversing the decline is as much of a priority for Carver as it was for his former manager.
        "If we're successful we all want to get the praise," he said. "If we're having a tough time then we all take the criticism as well.
        "We understand the pressure. The pressure is on, but that's why we come to work every day – because we love that situation.
        "It hasn't been easy going in every day and this is when you find out a little bit about yourself."
        United's supporters have already discovered a useful amount about Carver's character, and his commitment to Elland Road.
        His stock as a coach was never in question after years of devotion to Newcastle United's academy, but the question of where his ambition lay raised its head in June, shortly before the start of pre-season training.
        Carver was approached by Carlisle United after Paul Simpson left Brunton Park to take charge of Preston. The opportunity offered Carver the chance to take his first permanent managerial position, and Carlisle's initial plan was to install Neil McDonald as his assistant.
        Carver held talks with the Cumbrian club but, with the assistant manager's position available at Leeds after the departure of Sam Ellis, he cut his cloth and decided to stay put. McDonald was given the reins by Carlisle. As second in command at Elland Road, Carver saw a challenge and a role that few other jobs could rival.
        "It's just as big a role as I was offered at Carlisle," he said at the time.
        Expected
        "I'll be able to carry on with coaching the players but I'll also take some pressure off the manager by dealing with agents, transfers and the administrative side of things.
        "I want to be a manager and this is a big step towards that."
        The step has come more quickly than either he or Blackwell expected, although few in Tyneside will be surprised by the impression Carver has made.
        He left Newcastle in June 2005 after Glenn Roeder was brought in to run the club's academy, and joined Leeds a month later. His arrival added flair and quality to United's coaching staff, and the club's appearance in the Championship play-off final last season was seen by many as a clear reflection of his involvement.
        Carver is a private figure, about whom little is known. It says much about him, then, that his reputation in the English game is as impressive as it is. Good coaches do not always make good managers, but he is the type of man who would rather find out.
        Carver will be assisted by reserve team coach Dave Geddis tomorrow, and the background presence of Gwyn Williams – United's technical director – will provide him with experienced support. Birmingham at home may seem like an untimely baptism of fire, but there are few better ways to enamour Bates than by scalping one of the division's leaders.
        Favouritism among the bookmakers swung wildly yesterday, switching between Curbishley, Wise and Claudio Ranieri as United's vacancy attracted constant interest. But no price shifted further than Carver's, and his odds are unlikely to lengthen after a positive character assessment from Bates this morning.
        A day is a long time in football, and 24 hours ago Carver was considered a rank outsider. Tomorrow afternoon, you could say he is in the box seat. Where he goes from here is up to him.
        When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story!

Kommentaar

United in Carver's hands
          by Phil Hay
          John Carver was today beginning his fight for the manager's job at Leeds United – as Swindon Town admitted they would not stop Dennis Wise leaving for Elland Road.
          Assistant boss Carver was named caretaker yesterday following the dismissal of Kevin Blackwell, and the former Newcastle coach will be given a fierce introduction to frontline management when joint Championship leaders Birmingham visit Elland Road tomorrow.
          Carver will be assisted by reserve-team coach Dave Geddis and technical director Gwyn Williams until a permanent appointment is made, and he is rapidly emerging as a leading candidate for the vacant position.
          Speculation has centred around Alan Curbishley, Dennis Wise and Claudio Ranieri, but a flurry of bets saw Carver's odds cut from 20-1 to 6-1 yesterday following the announcement of his temporary promotion.
          Wise is also considered to be a frontrunner, and any attempt to steal him from Swindon will be assisted by the League Two club's willingness to listen to approaches for their manager.
          The former Chelsea captain, who played at Stamford Bridge while United chairman Ken Bates controlled the London club, has made a big impression at the County Ground since taking on the role in May, but the opportunity to manage Leeds would prove difficult for him to resist.
          Wise refused to discuss his position yesterday but denied that he had asked for, or been given, permission to meet with Bates. Chairman Willie Carson, however, admitted he would not prevent discussions between the pair, provided Leeds offered Swindon sufficient compensation.
          "Of course I would say Dennis could talk to him," said Carson.
          "That is common courtesy. No-one is going to get upset about it.
          "Obviously, Dennis has a contract here but if a big club came in then we would let them talk. We do not want him to leave."
          The problem of Wise's contract at the County Ground would make Carver a more cost-effective option for Leeds, and financial issues may also stand in the way of a move for Ranieri.
          The Italian revealed last night that he would be willing to discuss the vacancy at Elland Road, admitting he wants to return to management with an "ambitious" club, but the former Chelsea and Valencia boss would command a substantial salary.
          Ranieri was in the running for the manager's job at Hearts following George Burley's departure from Tynecastle last year, but the Edinburgh club are understood to have backed away after discovering his wage demands.
          Carver's name, coincidently, also interested Hearts, but he is more likely to land the permanent role at Elland Road than Ranieri.
          Carver is yet to speak publicly about his future ambitions, but United's assistant boss revealed in the summer that he intended to step into a full managerial role in the near future after turning down the chance to take charge of Carlisle United.
          Curbishley, meanwhile, has remained silent so far, and the indication is that the ex-Charlton manager would prefer to take charge of a Premiership club.

Kommentaar

John Carver on ainuke Newcastle'i treener, kes võitis 100% oma mängudest. Mis sest, et ühe.
            “The state of our pitch wouldn’t have affected Liverpool — with their game the ball is in the air most of the time.”
            The Special One

Kommentaar

Southend. Järgmine vastane Carling Cupis. Kodus kah. Polegi väga paha.

Seal mängib muide Ricketts oodata on kübaratrikki!

Kommentaar

Leeds United tre, Birmingham City två.

Horsfieldi värava oleks ka võinud ära lugeda, aga üsna brooo mäng oli ju.
                League One is for wankers. Championship is the ultimate challenge!

Kommentaar

Kommentaar

Algselt postitas oku Vaata postitust
                    Leeds United tre, Birmingham City två.

Horsfieldi värava oleks ka võinud ära lugeda, aga üsna brooo mäng oli ju.
                    kui poleks peaga j2tkanud.. puhas suluseis

Elland Roadil ulus tuul,
                    v6i oli niipalju sektoreid vastasele m6eldud
                    GEORGE: No, no, no! Nothing happens /-/ RUSSELL: Well, why am I watching it?
                    GEORGE: Because it's on TV RUSSELL: Not yet..
                    (Seinfeld, The Pitch)

Kommentaar

Algselt postitas vaikiv mees Vaata postitust
                      Elland Roadil ulus tuul, v6i oli niipalju sektoreid vastasele m6eldud
                      Veidi enam kui pooltühi ehk 19 000.

Kommentaar

minu musid teile!

Kommentaar

Okei, nüüd on Coventry mängu kadumine telekavast saanud ka mingigi selgituse. Väidetavalt on Viasat oma lepinguga midagi perse keeranud ja seetõttu ei saa nad võõrsilmänge näidata.

Kodumängus on aga kõik endiselt LIVE. Vot siis nii. Ehk sisuliselt poole võrra vähem. Hea uudis on see naisperele.

Kommentaar

Rünnole ja üldse rumalatele, kes olid Zariku peol.

Kommentaar

suured tänud..
                              tegemist oli muuseas Simpans "Mart" Larikuga, kelle tegemistega olen sunnitud pereisana kursis olema. Kuigi jah Larik,Zarik-odin...
                              Last edited by runno; 25.09.06, 19:53. Põhjus: typo

Kommentaar

Mingid pesad peaks ka äkki broneerima millalgi vää? Budapest ja Trafford house noh. Gwrn tuleb ka muide, nii et talle on ka kohta vaja.
                                League One is for wankers. Championship is the ultimate challenge!

Kommentaar

Working...
                                X