No announcement yet.

Bolton Wanderers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Kellaaeg
  • Show
Kustuta kõik

Nicky Hunt siis nüüd Bristol City mängija.
    Mis on ühist Tallinna jõulukuusel ja Cristiano Ronaldol? Mõlemad kipuvad ümber kukkuma, aga süüdi on alati teised!
    Ott Järvela

Kommentaar

eile õhtu siis võideti St Johnstone 0 Wanderers 2

Two late goals from Martin Petrov and Johan Elmander helped Wanderers register their first victory of pre-season on British soil in a 2-0 win at McDiarmid Park.

It was to be a happy return to his old stamping ground for Owen Coyle, but again Scottish opponents gave his team a real run for their money.

It was looking likely that a second scoreless draw in three days would be the outcome up until Petrov's brilliant solo goal with a quarter of an hour remaining.

And Elmander's confidence-boosting second strike of pre-season just two minutes later sealed the win.

Successive clean sheets was another obvious plus point for the Whites, while Marcos Alonso also got his first taste of action after coming on as a late substitute.

The first-half was a similar tale to that of the prevous friendly at Falkirk Stadium with the game goalless at half-time.

Owen Coyle started his team in a previously unseen 4-4-1-1 formation with Martin Petrov playing in the hole just behind Kevin Davies. That system was to have a reasonable amount of joy early on as Petrov roamed the field in search of the ball at every opportunity.

The number 10 drifted from flank to flank and was direct with his runs whenever in possession. It was his burst from midfield that brought Wanderers their first shooting chance with ten minutes on the clock.

Just as the Bulgarian was about to pull the trigger he was hacked to the floor, but instead of opting to shoot directly from the resulting free-kick, communication was lost between Matt Taylor, Stuart Holden and Petrov, and the Saints cleared a scrappily taken set-piece.

After Wanderers' spritely start, the hosts started to offer a bit more with a quarter of an hour played.

An attack down the right by Chris Millar forced Gary Cahill into action with the centre-half racing across to intercept ahead of former Swindon Town frontman Sam Parkin.

There were also openings for Marcus Haber, who fired an effort across goal, and a wayward free-kick by full-back Danny Grainger flew harmlessly wide of the target.

On the whole, it was 45 minutes devoid of much goalmouth action as both defences restricted each other's attack to nothing more than half chances.

A clever chipped finish from Kevin Davies almost brought the skipper his first goal since the second pre-season friendly against Charleston Battery.

And shortly before the break Parkin opted for a similar lofted finish from 18 yards to which Jaaskelainen was on his guard, saving with relative ease.

Bolton started the second-half in the ascendancy, creating two openings within five minutes of the restart.

Goalkeeper Graeme Smith thwarted Chung-Yong after the South Korean had ghosted in unmarked and referee William Collum somehow failed to spot Steven Anderson's shirt pull on Petrov with the attacker having left the Saints' defence in his wake with a lung-bursting dart into the box.

Bolton had controlled the second-half without asserting themselves too much, however they were extremely lucky not to find themselves going a goal behind on 65 minutes.

Chris Millar had timed his run to perfection but when faced with the on-rushing Jaaskelainen, he was caught in two minds and opted to play his pass in between substitute Scott Dobie and the far post instead of taking the selfish option and shooting.

The Scottish side had another decent opportunity to go a long way towards claiming an English Premier League scalp when Dobie headed wide of the post when he really should have at least worked Jaaskelainen.

And they were to regret missing those two chances as Petrov and susbstitute Elmander struck a quick-fire double to seal the victory for Wanderers as the game entered its latter stages..

Moments after Marcos Alonso was given his first taste of action in the white shirt of Bolton, Petrov collected a long, cross field pass from Robbie Blake before taking the ball in his stride, cutting back onto his left foot and drilling past Smith at his near post.

Elmander's strike was not too dissimilar as again space on the right wing was exploited. The Swedish striker took his time before slotting across goal and into the far corner of the net.

Gretar Steinsson came within a couple of yards of making it three in the final minute with a curling effort from the edge of the box, but a 2-0 winning margin was a satisfying way to end the mini-tour of Scotland.

St Johnstone: Smith, Trialist, Grainger, Morris, Anderson, Millar, Davidson, Parkin (Dobie 60), Craig, Haber (Samuel 46) (Subs: Caddis, Rutkiewicz, Gartland, May, Taylor, Dobie, Jackson, Duffy)

Wanderers: Jaaskelainen, Steinsson, Cahill, Knight, Robinson, Chung-Yong (Marcos Alonso 74), Holden (Mark Davies 70), Muamba, Taylor (Blake 64), Petrov, Kevin Davies (Elmander 74) (Subs: Bogdan, Ricketts, Andy O'Brien, Samuel, Basham, Alonso, Joey O'Brien, Gardner, Davis, Cohen, Riga, Elmander)
      Mis on ühist Tallinna jõulukuusel ja Cristiano Ronaldol? Mõlemad kipuvad ümber kukkuma, aga süüdi on alati teised!
      Ott Järvela

Kommentaar

Striker Ivan Klasnic rejoins Bolton on two-year deal.
        Möödunud hooajale tagasi vaadates, pole vist teile paha diil
        SAF- “I am not kidding. This isn’t just a job to me. It’s a mission. I am deadly serious about it – some people would reckon too serious…we will get there. Believe me. And when it happens life will change for Liverpool and everybody else – dramatically.”

Kommentaar

Muamba sõlmis siis klubiga uue 4 aastase lepingu
          Ott Järvela

Kommentaar

üks meie mehi kes MM-il käis ja hästi esines.

Lee Chung-yong claims Bolton Wanderers will benefit from his experience at the World Cup.

Lee played a starring role in South Korea's run to the last 16 stage of the summer finals, scoring against Argentina in the group stage and again finding the back of the net against Uruguay in the second round.

And the tricky midfielder believes he has returned to the Trotters a better player following his experiences in South Africa.

"I had a great experience to play against other countries' star players and we played well as a team too," Lee told Wanderers' official website.

"That has definitely helped me as a player and I am looking forward to showing the fans how much I have improved. I want to play well for them and make them happy."

Lee has welcomed Bolton's new additions ahead of the new season and believes the club can target an improvement on last term's 13th place finish in the Premier League.

The 22-year-old has returned to the Reebok joined by four summer signings, including Martin Petrov, who arrived on a free transfer from Manchester City.

And Lee believes he and his fellow winger can cause havoc this year, starting against Fulham on Saturday in the opening game of the campaign.

"Our team is stronger than last season, we have a good balance," added the former Seoul performer.

"Martin has speed and good skill and we can make more chances for the strikers.

"I believe we can play better than last season. They are all good players who have joined and I have been training with them for two weeks now.

"It's been enjoyable and my fitness condition is okay now."
            Ott Järvela

Kommentaar

meiega on liitunud vahepeal keegi Tom Eaves Oldhamist
              Ott Järvela

Kommentaar

1-3 võit West Ham-i üle.rootslane on väravalöömise õnneks selgeks saanud
                Ott Järvela

Kommentaar

Algselt postitas budulojus Vaata postitust
                  1-3 võit West Ham-i üle.rootslane on väravalöömise õnneks selgeks saanud
                  järgmised nii 15-20 mängu istub nagunii jälle kuival

Kommentaar

Algselt postitas piimamees Vaata postitust
                    järgmised nii 15-20 mängu istub nagunii jälle kuival
                    Tabavalt öeldud.

Kommentaar

Läbu ussum...i alistati võõrsil Ivani värvast mingi sadamatööliste punt
                      Ott Järvela

Kommentaar

Meeskonda üritatakse meelitada siis 36aastast Robert Piresi kes lükkas tagasi Shanghai Shenhua pakkumise
                        Ott Järvela

Kommentaar

2-2 viik siis Aston Villa väikse vennaga.Kahjuks ise täna mängu ei näinud,ehk keegi nägi ja oskab öelda mille eest Jussi punase sai?Kuidas mäng üldse oli ja keda eraldi tasuks välja tuua?
                          Ott Järvela

Kommentaar

Algselt postitas budulojus Vaata postitust
                            2-2 viik siis Aston Villa väikse vennaga.Kahjuks ise täna mängu ei näinud,ehk keegi nägi ja oskab öelda mille eest Jussi punase sai?Kuidas mäng üldse oli ja keda eraldi tasuks välja tuua?
                            Ei näinud kuid internet väidab.

Bolton keeper Jussi Jaaskelainen had a moment of madness 10 minutes from the interval when collecting a high ball in a challenge with Johnson, the Finn goalie felt aggrieved by the Johnson’s physical approach and reaction with a kick-out on the turf and a full on slap once he rose to his feet that forced a red card to be brandished
                            Algselt postitas zip
                            Tundub, et Kivi77 on Soccerneti ka ülejäänud pereliikmetele tutvustanud.

Kommentaar

siit on näha. mõistlik.

armastan ma headust üle kõige vihkan lolle

Kommentaar

Bolton have signed Spain Under-19 striker Rodrigo Moreno from Benfica on a season-long loan.
                                Ott Järvela

Kommentaar

Working...
                                X