Leeds United

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Kellaaeg
  • Show
Kustuta kõik

Näpatud väkkost.

The 2007-08 season will see Leeds United tread new territory.

The club is set to begin a campaign in the third tier of the English game for the first time - and the opening League One fixture will take place on the weekend of August 11.

United will again kick-off the Carling Cup at the first round stage - first round ties are due to take place w/c August 13 - but the club will be taking part in the Johnstone Paints Trophy for the first time.

The JPT first round is due to take place on September 18/19 with the second round scheduled for October 23/24.

The Area quarter-finals are pencilled in for November 27/28, the Area semis for January 8/9, and the two-legged Area finals will take place in February.

The final, at Wembley, will take place on Sunday March 30 2008.

The club will also make a first appearance in the first round proper of the FA Cup with the road to Wembley set to commence on the weekend of November 10.

The 2007-08 season finishes on Saturday May 3.

Fans are also reminded that there are no confirmed 'international breaks' for League One clubs.
    When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story!

Kommentaar

nii kiire on olnud, et pole aega uudisedki lugeda..

v.a. MartinS

Kas on mingitpidi võimalus teha 2 pakkumise võrdlus?

Kommentaar

et klapime pisut ja ostame ise leedsi ära?
        «Kuule, konn, kas vesi on soe?»
        «Mina istun siin, muide, nagu konn, aga mitte nagu termomeeter!»

Kommentaar

raha põle praegast

Kommentaar

Algselt postitas runno Vaata postitust
            raha põle praegast
            võin mingi paar sotti teile laenata
            Mis on ühist Tallinna jõulukuusel ja Cristiano Ronaldol? Mõlemad kipuvad ümber kukkuma, aga süüdi on alati teised!
            Ott Järvela

Kommentaar

1 Neil Sullivan Goalkeeper => Lasti lahti
              40 Casper Ankergren Goalkeeper => Short term contract, tagasi Brondby'sse?
              36 Jonathan Lund Goalkeeper

2 Gary Kelly Defender => Riputas ketsid varna
              3 Stephen Crainey Defender => leping läbi, lasti lahti
              12 Robbie Elliott Defender => leping läbi, uut ei pakutud
              19 Matt Heath Defender => => leping läbi, YEP andmetel, kuid Wise'i armuke, kindlasti alles
              20 Hayden Foxe Defender => leping läbi, uut ei pakutud
              24 Manuel Rui Marques Defender => leping läbi, pakuti uut (12 kuud)
              31 Armando Sa Defender => leping läbi, lasti lahti
              39 Fabian Delph Defender

4 Jonathan Douglas Midfielder => liiga hea League1 jaoks. Super oleks, kui ta siiski jääks
              6 Alan Thompson Midfielder => Tagasi Celtic'usse?
              7 Ian Westlake Midfielder
              11 Eddie Lewis Midfielder => teatas, et soovib Leedsis jätkata
              15 Frazer Richardson Midfielder
              16 Gylfi Einarsson Midfielder
              17 Sebastien Carole Midfielder
              18 Kevin Nicholls Midfielder => tahab ära, Leeds'i eest enam ei mängi
              21 Shaun Derry Midfielder => lastakse lahti?
              30 Ben Parker Midfielder => pakuti uut lepingut
              33 Jonathan Howson Midfielder
              34 Robert Bayly Midfielder
              42 Danny Rose Midfielder => Leedsis, kuid Premiershipi klubid nõuavad

8 Tore Andre Flo Striker => kadunud, leping läbi
              9 David Healy Striker => 99% lahkumas
              22 Ian Moore Striker => lasti lahti
              25 Richard Cresswell Striker => mitu klubi tunneb huvi, ise pole midagi öelnud
              27 Tresor Kandol Striker => ilgelt pikk leping, alles
              28 Robert Blake Striker => on avaldanud soovi jätkata
              32 Jermaine Beckford Striker => laenumeeskond soovib endale, kuid Beckford on Leedsile tänulik võimaluse eest ja seega nõus jätkama, kui vaid mängida saab
              37 Tom Elliott Striker

Mis veel kuulda?

Olgu jääb meile Marques ja Beckford!
              League Two - here we come!
              Last edited by Martin; 11.05.07, 12:32.
              David, David, Don't sell Rio!

Kommentaar

näppisin veidi meeliku posti. natuke veel.
                Last edited by Martin; 11.05.07, 12:32.

Kommentaar

Ja mina veel arvasin, et pea kõikide meeste nime taha võiks kirjutada "liiga hea League1 jaoks". Ei olegi siis nii vää?

Kommentaar

Algselt postitas skint Vaata postitust
                    Ja mina veel arvasin, et pea kõikide meeste nime taha võiks kirjutada "liiga hea League1 jaoks". Ei olegi siis nii vää?
                    muidugi on. selle võistkonnaga sõidaks läbi 1.divisioni kaotuseta nagu tuliuus ziletitera läbi sooja sita. ma tuletan meelde, et liids on ikkagi suurklubi, mis kuus aastat tagasi mängis meistrite liiga poolfinaalis!

Kommentaar

healy off to fulham

Kommentaar

Raadiointekas

Revie's son pushing Leeds buy-out

Duncan Revie, son of legendary Leeds manager Don Revie, will contact Whites chairman Ken Bates on Monday in a bid to push forward his takeover plans.

Revie, who has an estimated personal fortune of £69m, says he has financial backing from a Middle East consortium.

He told the Mail on Sunday "It's time to sit with Ken and push this forward. I intend to ring him Monday. It's best to deal with him face to face."

Bates took Leeds into administration before their final game of the season.

The club, who will play third-tier football for the first time in their history next season, are thought to be around £35m in debt.

The business was bought by a new company, Leeds United Football Club Limited, of which Ken Bates is chairman, immediately after going into administration.

But the sale is subject to approval by the club's creditors at a meeting later in May and also by the Football League, while Revie or other consortia could ambush Bates' plans to resume control of the club.

Revie said: "I've been staggered by the reaction of Leeds fans to my interest in taking the club back where we belong.

"I've always said they are the most passionate in the country and they've proved me right."

And last week, he said: "Ken Bates wants proof of funds but the money is not a problem - my problem is can I recreate my Dad's team and getting the people who can find those players.

"I don't want to mess about, it has to be getting back to where we were.

"Some would say that's a pipe-dream, but when Dad walked into the dressing room when we were in the old second division and changed the strip to all white and said, 'I'm going to make you as great as Real Madrid', that was a pipe-dream, too - except that it happened.

Former director Simon Morris, who is also bidding for the club

"We need a structure to identify the players, and a genius as a manager. Sir Alex Ferguson is a genius, Arsene Wenger is a genius. There are football geniuses and that's my challenge, to find one."

Also launching a bid for the club is former Leeds director Simon Morris, who plans to build a new 50,000-seater stadium.

The 29-year-old property entrepreneur has tabled a £10m bid and says he will inject a further £25m into the club.

"Our plans are fully costed and very well financed," he said.

"They offer a great future for Leeds United and the club's fans, allowing us to put the troubles of the past behind it.

"Our scheme would also put Leeds where it belongs - at the top of the tree in the north of England for entertainment and urban regeneration."

Kommentaar

Täna hommikul teatati, et ametlikult on lahti lastud või/ja lepingut ei pikendata nendega: Neil Sullivan, Armando Sa, Stevie Crainey and Sam Hird.

võite lugeda ka: http://www.leedsunited.com/page/News...025369,00.html

Kommentaar

Aga vot teine Leedsi tiim Farsley Celtic jõudis Conference National'i. Varsti me ei olegi enam kõige tugevam tiim Leedsis :S
                            League One is for wankers. Championship is the ultimate challenge!

Kommentaar

TOMA dept. proudly presents. again. :

Linx Group eye Leeds
                              By Jose N Franco Jr

17 May 2007

DUBAI — A consortium headed by Shaikh Samir A S Mirdad, chairman of the Linx Group of Companies which has been involved in various multi-billion-dirham projects, is presently considering acquiring Leeds United, an English football club that is now under voluntary receivership and has debts of Dh145.7 million (£20 million).

"Leeds United is a very prestigious football club that has unfortunately in the recent past suffered setbacks. My vision is to bring the club back to its former glory," Shaikh Mirdad told Khaleej Times yesterday. "The club has a huge fan base and because of the history of the club and desire of the people of Leeds to see Leeds United back in top flight premiership football, we think this may be the ideal challenge for us."

Legal experts at Allen & Overy, a leading international corporate law firm that also has offices in Dubai, said the process of acquisition would take not more than two months once the parties concerned had agreed on commercial terms including the price, the management to lead the club, and future development plans of the club.

Pervez Akhtar, partner at Allen & Overy, is the lead counsel for the consortium that Shaikh Mirdad heads in negotiations with Leeds United officials. Allen & Overy has advised on a number of acquisitions of premiership clubs including the purchase by Malcolm Glazer and his family when they acquired the British premiership title-holder Manchester United in 2005. It was also involved in the sale of Liverpool Football Club more recently. Glazer also owns the American football team Tampa Bay Buccaneers based in Florida.

Shaikh Mirdad said he would be travelling to the city of Leeds, England next week to meet with Ken Bates, chairman of Leeds United Football Club Ltd, and other officials to begin formal talks on various issues such as the price and management matters. "We're going to see it and, depending on the outcome of our negotiations, we will seriously consider the proposal," he added.

Should the deal push through, Shaikh Mirdad, would be the first Gulf national to acquire a European football club through a business consortium.

He said that he may also be meeting with the Lord Mayor of Leeds, Councillor Mohammed Iqbal, to impress upon him and the people of Leeds that the consortium Shaikh Mirdad heads shares their value and aspirations.

"I am very passionate about football, and I want to help a lot of other people who share this passion," said Mirdad, who revealed that he is friends with a number of European football stars, officials, and football legends. "My intentions should follow the blessing and vision that would be shared between me, Chairman Bates and the people in Leeds."

He said it is important that the people of Leeds and the fans of Leeds United would be happy about the planned acquisition, which could lead to having a bigger stadium and drawing up a comprehensive five-year expansion plan for the club. "There's a lot of potential for the club," he stressed.

Mirdad said Leeds United administrators-Richard Fleming, Mark Firmin and Howard Smith, of KPMG Restructuring-would be meeting by the end of this month on administration matters including the process in which the acquisition would be done. He added that the club resorted to voluntary receivership to assess their financial standing.

Kommentaar

Algselt postitas rohelineKonn Vaata postitust
                                A consortium headed by Shaikh Samir A S Mirdad, chairman of the Linx Group of Companies which has been involved in various multi-billion-dirham projects, is presently considering acquiring Leeds United, an English football club that is now under voluntary receivership and has debts of Dh145.7 million (£20 million).
                                Tutvustame. Uus Elland Road:

Kommentaar

Working...
                                X